At Clearview Eye and Laser Medical Center, we take pride in offering a variety of alternative vision correction procedures to LASIK so we can find the best vision solution for you. Dr. Sandy T. Feldman is proud to offer the EVO Visian Implantable Collamer Lens ICL in San Diego. The Staar Surgical EVO/ EVO+ ICLs provides an innovative step towards providing visual freedom for a wide range of both nearsightedness (prescriptions from -3 diopters all the way up to -20 diopters) and astigmatism (up to 4.0 diopters).It has a high success rate in treating these conditions. Results of the Toric EVO/ EVO+ ICL showed 90.3% of patients achieved 20/20 or better vision whereas 75.5% achieved 20/15 or better vision. 100% of patients achieved driving vision, 20/40 or better.1
The procedure involves implanting a thin, flexible, collamer lens into the eye in front of the natural lens, which helps to correct the way light is focused on the retina. Dr. Sandy T. Feldman is among the most experienced ICL surgeons in the country and has vast experience in selection of ideal patient criteria for this procedure. Dr. Sandy T. Feldman is the number one ICL surgeon in San Diego.2
The EVO ICL procedure is unique in that it is an additive vision correction surgery. LASIK and its modern derivatives correct vision by reshaping (removing) corneal tissue. The EVO ICL corrects vision by surgically adding a biocompatible, soft, collamer lens behind the iris (colored part of the eye). The lens cannot be seen or felt, but is effective for correcting a wide range of prescriptions. Because the Vision ICL is additive, no tissue is removed, the eye remains fully intact and the procedure is reversible. Due to the position of the lens, many people obtain better vision with the EVO ICL than is possible with contact lenses or glasses. It is often an excellent choice for patients with high prescriptions, thin corneas, or patients with concerns regarding dry eyes or high-quality night time vision. The EVO ICL procedure may be an option for you even if you have been told in the past that you are not a candidate for LASIK surgery.
Patient Satisfaction Rates
And patient satisfaction rates are extremely high! In fact, 99.4% of patients are satisfied that they would have surgery again.3
If you are considering the EVO ICL surgery, it is important to consult with Dr. Sandy T. Feldman and her team at Clearview to determine if this procedure is right for you. The EVO ICL is a safe and effective way to improve vision, and may be an excellent option to help you to see more clearly and reduce or eliminate the need for glasses and/or contact lenses. Please contact our office today to schedule a complimentary vision correction consultation with Dr. Sandy T. Feldman and her team. We will be happy to answer any questions you may have about this surgery and help you to determine if it is the right choice for you.
1. https://www.accessdata.fda.gov > cdrh_docs > pdf3 > P030016S035C.pdf
2. Staar 2021-2022
3. Packer M. The Implantable Collamer Lens with a central port: review of the literature. Clinical ophthalmology (Auckland, NZ). 2018;12:2427-383Martinez-Plazs E, Lopez-Miguel A, Lopez-De La Rosa A, et al. Effect of the EVO+ Visian Phakic Implantable Collamer Lens on Visual Performance and Quality of Vision and Life, Am J Ophthalmol 2021;226: 117-125
4. Martinez-Plazs E, Lopez-Miguel A, Lopez-De La Rosa A, et al. Effect of the EVO+ Visian Phakic Implantable Collamer Lens on Visual Performance and Quality of Vision and Life, Am J Ophthalmol 2021;226: 117-125
5. Ganesh S, Brar S, Pawar A. Matched population comparison of visual outcomes and patient satisfaction between 3 modalities for the correction of low to moderate myopic astigmatism. Clin Ophthalmol. 2017 Jul 3;11:1253-1263.
6. Igarashi A, Kamiya K, Shimizu K, Komatsu M. Visual Performance after implantable Collamer lens implantation and wavefront-guided laser in situ keratomileusis for high myopia. Am J Opthalmol. 2009
Change Your Vision,
Change your Life!